Monday, August 12, 2013

Mt. Desert Isle: Day 1

Arrived in Maine Saturday. My brother picked me up at the Bangor airport drove me down to Bar Harbor, on Mt. Desert Isle, to meet the rest of our clan. Above, the view that greeted us in Bar Harbor.

This is the view from the porch the house my sister is renting near Bar Harbor. The house is a little strange but the view is amazing, and the garden is full of hummingbirds and goldfinches.

View from the rocks in front of the house.

We took a quick hike to the top of Day Mountain. This is the view from the summit. As my sister said, the great thing about hiking on Mt. Desert is the ratio of views to effort; you can get a view like this after an easy hike up a hill only 600 feet tall.

Saturday night the sky was crystal clear and the stars were amazing; I haven't seen the Milky Way so clearly in a decade.

No comments: